That 405 Chick: Eagle One Pizza



I love pizza. While I like chain stores like Pizza Hut, Little Caesars and Domino's, I also like to try little hole-in-the-wall places.

When I was in college, a significant amount of my disposable income was spent at Milano's Pizzaria. Mmmmm...I still have dreams about this place. It features regularly in my super-specific cravings that make people question if I am pregnant (I'm not). They had pizza by the slice for a dollar, and I ate there all the time for lunch. Their sauce was PHENOMENAL. I can't even describe it, except to say that it tasted what I imagine pizza sauce will taste like at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Alas, Milano's is no longer with us. But I still look for places that can compare.

I have heard of Eagle One Pizza in Moore before, but have never had a convenient occasion to go. Well, a flat tire (and a wait for delivery of a replacement tire) provided a good opportunity for me to peruse some delicious pizza.

Eagle One is a true hole-in-the-wall. There are several long tables, and some pictures of pizza on the wall. That's about it. But the real treat is the pizza.


You can get a small one-topping pizza for $3.99, which is plenty for one person. I opted for a The Works (supreme) for $4.99. They have larger sizes as well.

The pizza did not disappoint. To be sure, the sauce didn't have the heavenly flavor of the late Milano's (RIP), but it was still delicious. The real attraction was the crisp crust, though. I like my crust to actually be crispy (like my fries), so this was a huge plus. The pizza had the perfect balance of toppings, too.


I loved it! I will definitely go back. The best part for me is that it was comparable to Hideaway Pizza in both quality and size, but for about half the price. As someone on a pretty fixed income, I like my food to be affordable. They have calzones and various side items as well.

Maybe next time I will order me a side of ranch. Mmmmmm......ranch.....(drool)

Comments

  1. Loved Milano's, too. I spent lots of money there back in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts