Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Did you like my clickbait title? I got it from probably my least favorite Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet.

(Rabbit hole: I never understood the appeal of that so-called love story. Seriously, a guy goes to a party to lust after some girl, meets another girl, falls in love with her, secretly marries her THE NEXT DAY against both families' wishes, kills her cousin, runs off, then through a series of miscommunication, they both end up killing themselves? Okay...)

No, I am not quitting my blog, in case you were wondering. :-)

As most of you know, I have been going to this great church for about two years. I have a sense of community there that I have not had in a long time.


Two of my favorite people there are our worship leader and his sweet wife. Since they came shortly before I started coming, I felt a great kinship with them, especially with Jessica. She was in my Bible study group on Tuesday mornings when I started going, and I admire her strong walk with the Lord. (Plus she has great taste in decor!)

Alas! In ministry, sometimes the Lord leads you to different places. Such is the case with these amazing folks. Dustin just accepted an opportunity with a sister congregation. While I am happy that they are continuing to serve God, I will miss them and their awesome kids. But I know God was in this and will continue to be, so it's a Good Thing.

And I am thankful for social media, which will make it easy to keep up with them. (Thank you, Mark Zuckerberg.)

So, to Dustin and Jessica, thank you for being servants of God, for sharing your talents with us, and for your friendship. I will miss you!

Comments

Popular Posts