That 405 Chick: Alfredo's

I love me some Mexican food. And by that I mean, I love some hot, steamy chicken fajitas. And chimichangas. Oooh...nice, crispy chimichangas. 

My first exposure to Mexican cuisine (that I remember) was Taco Mayo. On Fridays when my stepfather was off, we would pile into our gas-guzzling van and head down for tacos, nachos with cheese, and Cinnamon Crisps (which we would pronounce Cinnamon Crisp-ahs).

Well, I have expanded my palate quite a bit from those early days. In college, I often ate at a place called Poblano Grill. This locally owned restaurant was my go-to place for dinners with friends. They had the most amazing fajitas and these oh-so-soft handmade tortillas. And their Mexican mashed potatoes... Oh, man!

Alas! There is only one location left, and it is too far to drive all the time. But, I have discovered a very similar joint just down the road from where I live.



Alfredo's Mexican Cafe has several locations in the OKC metro. The one I frequent is located at NW 39th Expressway and MacArthur in Oklahoma City. I just love this metal pig they have in there.




And the food! They have a great lunch special on weekdays. I like to get a plate of fajitas for just $9.99. It comes with two sides of your choice. (I always get the Mexican corn and Mexican potatoes.) The Mexican potatoes taste just like those from Poblano.

For dinner, I usually get a Fajita Chicken Chimichanga. (They let you order a la carte. The price of the item includes unlimited chips, salsa and queso.) So yummy! The Chimichanga itself is nice and crispy. I change the shredded chicken for fajita chicken. (I want to say it is $1.50 extra if you go that route.)



Obviously, Alfredo's has earned its spot as one of my favorite restaurants. It reminds me of those college days with friends. Now I want to go back to those days!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts