I'm Baaa-ack!

Yes, I am full aware that it has been over a year since last I have blogged. Part of it was that I pretty much could not figure out how to log in again. The rest...well, I just get short on time, sometimes. But I resolve to do better.

Part of a plan I have to get more organized is to come up with a menu plan. This saves time, as well as money (I am not running out to McDonald's every night.) I did this this week. Here was the original meal plan:

Monday: BBQ chicken and corn; quesadillas for supper
Tuesday: Jasmine rice with chicken and veggies
Wednesday: Turkey and cheese pitas
Thursday: Wheat pasta with tomato sauce
Friday: Chicken quesadillas
Saturday: Both meals at work
Sunday: Black bean salad

Well, I had to tweak things a bit. First, I was unexpectedly asked to work a long shift on Tuesday, so got both meals at work that day too. Second, I discovered that my eggs were fixing to turn, so I needed to use them soon. Third, I found a good deal on bread, so decided to use more bread recipes later in the week. Here is my adjusted meal plan:

Monday: BBQ chicken and corn; chicken fajita nachos for supper
Tuesday: Both meals at work
Wednesday: Veggie and cheese omelets
Thursday: Egg and cheese toasters
Friday: Turkey and mozzerella toasters
Saturday: Both meals at work
Sunday: BBQ ribs and corn (found a great deal on ribs!); probably turkey sandwich for dinner

So, I am learning to adjust. Hopefully I will get to try some great new recipes soon!

Comments

Popular Posts