When You Have No Words

I have been silent on this blog the last few days. I have about five or six “starts” that will, at some point, go up. But not today. 

The thing is, I’m not an eloquent speaker. I mean, sure, I can think of a good one-liner (often thirty minutes after the subject is changed). But when it comes to serious subjects, I’m awkward. My thoughts tend to jumble up, and I go from one subject to the next without coherency. 

And honestly, now is not the time for awkward words. And it’s definitely not the time for me to be posting about my passions, or the latest way that COVID has inconvenienced me. Those subjects can wait. 

It’s time for me to watch. To listen. To learn. And to pray. 

Pray for our Black brothers and sisters. Pray for those lives lost because of systemic racism in our country. Pray for the hearts of those who have ears to hear. 

And then, I will Take Action. By continuing to educate myself in the coming months and years. By using one of the most powerful weapons entrusted to me: my vote. 

And by continuing to speak up against racism. In my country as well as in my personal life. 



Comments

Popular Posts