Multitasking

Multitasking. It is such a buzzword in today's society. I often think of all the gadgets that weren't around 50 years ago that are part of our lives today. For instance:

-Cell Phones
-Computers
-DVD recorders
-Microwave ovens
-PDAs

The list goes on and on. I am old enough to remember a time when (gasp!) telephones had CORDS! And I also remember when there was a pay phone or two at every gas station. Now, most of the pay phone banks are empty.

The point is that there are so many gadgets and gizmos out there to make our lives easier, and yet they are actually harder. Why? Expectations have gone up as well. Ask someone fifty years ago if they have ever heard of "multitasking," and they would probably say, "Huh?"

This is why, more than ever, I feel like I need to keep perspective in my life. I need to realize that I am not going to live up to everyone's expectations. At the same time, I need to have expectations for myself, so I am not just floundering around.

I have been thinking over the years of a motto for my life. Something that reflects how I try to live my life. I think that this motto sums up my philosophy on life very well:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Let me break this down:

Live Well: taking care of myself and everything that God has entrusted to me
Laugh Often: keeping a sense of humor, even with my failures
Love Much: showing loving kindness every day to the people I interact with

I think those are worthy expectations.

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Reagan!
    p.s. One of my favorite inventions is Spray and Wash. It came along when I was washing many baby clothes. Before Spray and Wash, there were always permanent stains from spit-up. I hated that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts