Giving It Another Go

Wow! Has it really been four years since I last posted?! How time flies! In all sincerity, I have been wanting to get back to blogging for awhile. But my old laptop is dying a slow, miserable death, and I wanted to wait until I got a new one. Well, now I have one, so I am blogging...on my phone. Go figure.

Speaking of said laptop, I am really impressed by it. I wanted to get a great brand, but Apple ones are too far out of my budget. I settled on a Dell. This one has a touch screen, which I really like. It's pretty neat how technology has changed.

For example, my first cell phone was a bright blue Motorola beast. I used it to...wait for it...make phone calls. That's it. I didn't even have text capability on that phone.

From there, I graduated to a Nokia phone like every one and their auntie had. This upgrade conferred on me three bonuses: 1.) I could download ringtones. 2.) I could change my case. I had this awesome case with strawberries that I loved. 3.) I could play Snake. Yes, Snake.

I then had another couple of phones with COLOR SCREENS! Plus I could play amazing games such as BOWLING. I got pretty good at that game.

Of course, my fickle self wanted a flip phone, so I got a hot pink one. This one had Internet access! Of course it was all text-based, but still. I could check my Facebook from anywhere. (And as anyone will tell you, I am a bona fide Facebook addict. Snapchat? Yik Yak? N'thanks. I am in my thirties, after all. Twitter? Meh. Instagram? Sure. Facebook? Now we're talking.) 

After that, I graduated to a smartphone at last. At first I was only able to buy the bargain-basement model. But the one I have now is fairly nice.

So, I am already impressed by the leaps and bounds technology has taken over the years, even in my lifetime. For example, one of the first home computers cost $1500 in today's dollars and had 20kb of memory. By comparison, my relatively modest smartphone has 8 million kilobytes of memory and is worth roughly $100. Pretty impressive, huh?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts