Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Smoothie!



Whoa! Can you believe it is almost summertime again? It just seems like the other night I was watching weather reports on ice and slick roads. Not to mention creeping along to and from work, trying not to slide into a ditch or hit a curb. And I succeeded, for the most part...


But I digress...

One thing I love about summer are all the amazing smoothies! I love a nice cool beverage in the morning. A lot of times, I make smoothies with just orange juice and some fruits. But this one I made today is a bit more savory. 

And so easy to make! First, I grabbed a couple of chunks of frozen banana. (I like using frozen fruits so I don't have to make ice...I don't have an ice maker in my fridge.) Then I added a bit of this awesomeness: 


PB2 is so amazing! You can add peanut butter flavor without the extra added fat. 

Then I added some oats, a squirt of honey, and a motherload of mini chocolate chips. Then I topped it off with some almond milk.


Then I blended the schnozz out of it. The end result? A nice, thick, and hearty smoothie that is phenomenal for breakfast (or any time, really). 


By the way, isn't this cup sleeve adorable? I bought it from a local artisan. 

Comments

Popular Posts