Guess What? You're Beautiful!

In case you missed it, there is a new website on the Interwebs. It's called How Old Do I Look, and its sole purpose is to attempt to guess your age. People have been posting all over social media about the woefully INACCURATE guesses this site has given to their ages.

I decided, just for laughs, to have it guess my age. It took several attempts to upload a picture, but it finally accepted one of me and several friends.
Ask me if it guessed my age at 64. (I'm thirty-six, by the way).

Now, here's the thing. I have been told all my life that I look younger than I am. I got carded for R movies well into my twenties. And I got referred to as "little girl" once...when I was in graduate school.

So, here I am feeling a bit confused. Am I looking older? (Because let's face it...I am GETTING older.) Do I look younger than I am? Older?

Then I read this terrific blog. It's about a teenaged girl who was having doubts about her beauty. Her mom found the Best Selfie Ever on her Instagram.

It was her and several sweet young women she had met on a trip to Africa. And girlfriend was GLOWING!

It just goes to show a valuable lesson: Whether we are 15 or 36 or 101, most of us doubt our beauty at some time. But beauty is much, MUCH more than what kind of clothes you wear or how you style your hair, or if you buy the expensive makeup at Sephora. 

True beauty is what radiates from the inside. 

Comments

Popular Posts