The Lord Said to Noah

Ah...I remember that song from my Baptist preschool days!

In all seriousness, these last couple of days have been CRAZY in regards to rain! Last night some places got around four inches. Tonight the south side of Oklahoma City got around eight inches. Also, there were a few tornadoes, which hit several homes and businesses... including an exotic animal zoo. Yes, there were lions and tigers on the loose. Fortunately they were all accounted for!

I was stranded at a Mickey Dees for almost three hours, waiting for the rain to stop. Or at least, settle to a dull drizzle. No dice. It seemed that blob of red on the radar was determined to wash out OKC. I grew to hate my weather app.

And yes, I ate some food there, to my sadness. I needed some hot food, so the minute they opened their registers again after the tornado warning, I got some McNuggets and fries. You know, I used to be addicted to their food. Not now, though. I prefer real food. I guess our taste buds evolve, after all. But the food took the edge off my crabbiness, and I was able to wait out the storm until I could go home safely.

Now, extreme weather is pretty much part and parcel to living in Oklahoma. During the winter, it's ice storms, blizzards, and bad drivers. In the spring, it's tornadoes, floods, and bad drivers. In the summer, it's extreme heat. And of course, there are earthquakes year round.

Personally, I could do without the crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts